Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blur by Kristen Middleton


That's the amazon address to read the summary. Okay so this book was free on my Kindle and i can see why. 

Plot: Twilight + Immoral Series = Blur. This story was mostly a rip off from Twilight but had some elements from Immortal series. The whole story was about a girl, her twin brother, and her mom who move to a new place to get away from a psycho dad. That's the only original thing in there. She meets a boy who instead of working on cars (Jacob) works on boats. Oh how clever. Then there is murders happening and the people have their throats ripped out. Didn't see that coming. Then a boy who is pale and she figures out a vampire. She has a magnetic pull to him and can't help wanting to jump him. So she does. FYI this is for ages 16+. There was no sex but wow it was close. And awkward because i felt she was cheating on boat boy. Just me though. Honestly the story was so silly and such a rip off i spent most of my time laughing at it.

Characters: The main character is Nikki and she is dull, confusing, and apparently the only one who can put two and two together. I didn't mind her at first then as she was like i want boat boy but no! Now i want vampire boy! It got annoying, She feel in love with two people in the matter of like 5 pages. Uh, okay. Nathan, her brother is annoying as i don't know what. He is the stereotype of man. I man, you girl. I master. Then he seems to pimp Nikki off. He's like I'm okay with you dating so and so. Who asked your permission buddy. Duncan is you're all American stereotype guy. And apparently a super good person who stays with his Dad so he won't be lonely. I'm just surprised he didn't turn into a werewolf. Well, there's always book 2. The comes Ethan. Honestly, Ethan is a rapist. Not kidding. He enters Nikki's mind and makes her do 'stuff'. But somehow she loves him and has that special magnetic pull. She trusts him despite him mind raping her and then since he craves her blood so much she lets him have some. Like omg. These people. So if you couldn't tell from this they sound just like Edward, Bella, and Jacob. There even is a vampire daddy where all other vampire children stay with him. Hmmm. Can anyone say Carlisle? And the real characters name is Caleb...yeah. 

Writing/Syntax: The syntax was good. Ms. Middleton had not too many errors that i noticed. I just wish the story was more original because she had some pretty good ideas in there. 

There is a book 2. I won't be reading it but if you do read it comment below and tell me if she got more original or not. Also there is a book 3 but again i won't be reading it. This book left me severely disappointed. The beginning was great but slowly turned stereotypical, cliche, and a rip off from Twilight. I give it 1 star just because of the good beginning. Comment below with your thoughts and opinions but please no cursing. Younger children might stumble upon my site. Also if you wan me to read a book and review it. My review will be fair and honest. Thanks,
~Cat 

No comments:

Post a Comment